V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

MagnaFlow vs. Flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 12:48 AM
ironsoldier
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: MagnaFlow vs. Flowmaster

not that impressed with flows. they cost too much. get some flowmaster knockoffs. sound the same and cost half the price
Old 12-22-2005, 12:51 AM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

instead of the flowmaster get a Force muffler from www.summitracing.com. they are built the same and sound the same as a flowmaster 40 series but are only $29.88 a piece instead of $70 a piece for the flows

the correct part# for the force muffler from summit is FRC-5201 and is 2.25" which is alittle bigger than stock exhaust but will work fine

that will give you a cheap single exhaust that sounds good untill you can save for duals
Old 12-22-2005, 01:28 AM
ironsoldier
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cobra232

instead of the flowmaster get a Force muffler from www.summitracing.com. they are built the same and sound the same as a flowmaster 40 series but are only $29.88 a piece instead of $70 a piece for the flows

the correct part# for the force muffler from summit is FRC-5201 and is 2.25" which is alittle bigger than stock exhaust but will work fine

that will give you a cheap single exhaust that sounds good untill you can save for duals
those were the ones i was thinking of
Old 12-22-2005, 12:26 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

flowmaster will be the loudest/deepest muffler you can get for a 6. magnaflows don't sound much louder than stock on a GT except when getting on the throttle. think about it.
There was some chick in a gt with magnaflows that sounded really loud. what else do you think she did
Old 12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: ByPopularDemand

ORIGINAL: nanaki

flowmaster will be the loudest/deepest muffler you can get for a 6. magnaflows don't sound much louder than stock on a GT except when getting on the throttle. think about it.
There was some chick in a gt with magnaflows that sounded really loud. what else do you think she did
off road midpipe
Old 12-22-2005, 12:36 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

if anything is really loud there is usually no cats...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:17 PM
traveler
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rcj2000

Hey guys im gonna get a singe flowmaster or magnaflow put on my v6 04 Stang. Just wondering which one is louder, better gas milage, more power, and sounds better. i dont have the money to get it dual just yet. but the guy told me he could do a singe for $150 and then i could dual it out later. thanks for the info.

ray
Ok, my two cents. I just had Flowmaster 40s put on my 04 V6 and at idle they don't sound loud at all. They do drone at 1200-1500 rpm but are quiet above that unless I romp on it. Then, well all I can say is, what a sound! I like my Flowmasters. Maybe it is the difference between an H-pipe system and an X-pipe system. I have an X-pipe. Before I got my duals I considered a single Flowmaster to replace the OEM muffler. The guy said it would sound like a wind up toy so I waited until I could afford the right system. Go with the FLOW.
I also have, waiting in a box in my garage, MAC Long Tube Cerimac Coated Headers. The guy who put on my system said that the cats would need to be replaced but once it was done it should sound as good or better than a GT. Kinneysmufflershop.com.....it would sound allot like the intro on their website......for a V6 to sound like that ........LOOK OUT...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:52 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

i have the GT takeoff from the catback with 40 series flomaster

wanna hear it?
clicky the link

http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?babygurl2000&page=1

Old 12-22-2005, 03:27 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: spirit

ORIGINAL: rcj2000

Hey guys im gonna get a singe flowmaster or magnaflow put on my v6 04 Stang. Just wondering which one is louder, better gas milage, more power, and sounds better. i dont have the money to get it dual just yet. but the guy told me he could do a singe for $150 and then i could dual it out later. thanks for the info.

ray
Ok, my two cents. I just had Flowmaster 40s put on my 04 V6 and at idle they don't sound loud at all. They do drone at 1200-1500 rpm but are quiet above that unless I romp on it. Then, well all I can say is, what a sound! I like my Flowmasters. Maybe it is the difference between an H-pipe system and an X-pipe system. I have an X-pipe. Before I got my duals I considered a single Flowmaster to replace the OEM muffler. The guy said it would sound like a wind up toy so I waited until I could afford the right system. Go with the FLOW.
I also have, waiting in a box in my garage, MAC Long Tube Cerimac Coated Headers. The guy who put on my system said that the cats would need to be replaced but once it was done it should sound as good or better than a GT. Kinneysmufflershop.com.....it would sound allot like the intro on their website......for a V6 to sound like that ........LOOK OUT...
from just the clips i've heard on here, true duals with no midpipe sounds the best. but i know better than to base my final opinion on sound clips. i've only heard a couple v6 stangs with duals, both were true duals though. one with flows and one with just the GT take offs with stock GT muffs.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

i love the way mine sounds

Quick Reply: MagnaFlow vs. Flowmaster