Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2005-7 Saleen & Roush Front License Plate Bracket - READ HERE FIRST!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:24 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default 2005-7 Saleen & Roush Front License Plate Bracket - READ HERE FIRST!

For those of you looking to add that pesky required front license plate to your beloved Saleen or Roush but don't want to drill....here you go!

Posted by: torqjnky

Hi all, I am the creator of the eBay bracket. It has been very successfull thanks to threads like this and I appreciate it. I saw a question about temperature effects on the heat exchanger. There are none at all. The bracket allows the plate to sit in the factory location.

You can getyour Front License PlateBracket for the 05-07 Mustangs here:
http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/
Old 07-20-2007, 04:41 AM
nycmikie

Default RE: 2005-7 Saleen & Roush Front License Plate Bracket - READ HERE FIRST!

you can order the license plate bracket from your local ford dealer for a 2007 ford mustang california special its the only late model mustang ford makes a license plate bracket for looks fine on my Saleen body kit
Old 07-20-2007, 08:14 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: 2005-7 Saleen & Roush Front License Plate Bracket - READ HERE FIRST!

No offence nyc - but this post was stickied to help drive some business to a fellow Saleener/entreprenuer.....so I think itssomewhat rude to try to steer people away from that [&:]

But since you mentioned it I guess I'll ask for clarification - does the Ford bracket you speak ofrequire any drilling in the fascia? If so thats totally against the point of this thread. 99% of the Saleen owners in here are trying to avoid that.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:45 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

LAME just go to homedepot spend 10 bucks on industrial magnets and hold your license plate on with the magnets. i did it on my S4 and my M3 and it looks great
Old 07-21-2007, 08:00 AM
MikeRokkit
1st Gear Member

Ibought andput on (and took off, and put back on) the license plate bracket that Sowaxeman is talking about. It's convenient, doesn't leave any marks on the fascia, and helps me meet the requirements for a front plate without drilling. The plate on the front looks crappy, but at least I can remove it now whenat car shows or drive-ins.

Mike
Old 07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
roush427r

I looked at the pictures and couldn't see how this would fit on a Roush 2007 427 front fascia. Anybody installed this on a Roush yet?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Just wanted to report on this plate holder for front fascia of 05-07 Saleens. I ordered the part from Craig, he shipped it same day and it arrived two days later. It is just as advertised, well made and a good design. Complete instructions are included with photos and it took me (someone not mechanically inclined) all of 10 minutes to install. No metal comes into contact with the car, absolutely no drilling is necessary and it looks very clean. I am impressed and intend to tell my local dealer about it next time I'm there.... the folks at Saleen should take note as well. Craig deserves much success for coming up with such an effective solution.

Here are pix:

Plate view from front

Plate holder view from side

View from the top

Any questions, just ask me!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:04 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Nice Amy, thanks for the real life pics I was going to suggest some sort of rubber bumper "stop" thingy in the middle to prevent the plate bending back in the wind, but in the 3rd pic it appears you already have one in place.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Nice Amy, thanks for the real life pics I was going to suggest some sort of rubber bumper "stop" thingy in the middle to prevent the plate bending back in the wind, but in the 3rd pic it appears you already have one in place.
Rubber bumpers (not the baby buggy type ) come with it. One in front of the splitter and two underneath so metal never touches.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:32 PM
torqjnky
2nd Gear Member

Hey Amy and Jason, check out the new low profile version. (Black Powder Coat). I am also going to do a bright silver this week. Let me know what you think! Again, I appreciate the above posts. Have a good one.

[IMG]local://upfiles/61912/04BAA21EDEB34B46975CD274AFE10438.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 2005-7 Saleen & Roush Front License Plate Bracket - READ HERE FIRST!